Finance is not merely about making money. It’s about achieving our deep goals and protecting the fruits of our labor. It’s about stewardship and, therefore, about achieving the good society. Thus effective finance management is a key skill required to be displayed in every field of life. The fundamental objective of this training is to give an insight to the participants about the fundamentals of finance. The participants would be able to understand what the finance really is and how to use the financial system in the progress of their organization. This in turn will lead them to take the best decisions in the best interest of the organization as whole. This training will add value to the organization as well as participants.
THE WHY & HOW OF NUMBERS
- Demystifying the most commonly used finance/accounting terms including
- Are there any financial regulations that govern the world of accounting & finance?
- Different methods of accounting i.e. Cash vs Accrual basis
- Introduction to the Financial Statements containing:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
- Statement of Changes in Equity
- The relationship and flow of data among all Financial Statements
REVENUE & EXPENDITURE
- What is included in Revenue and what is excluded from it
- Cash vs Revenue; why these are not same
- Different types of expenditure used in recording financial transactions
- What is Cost of Goods Sold – Why this is important and how it affects the profitability
- Detailed review of Income Statement and its line items
- Understanding the key terminology used in the Income Statement
- What are different types of profits i.e. Gross Profit, Operating Profit, Net Profit
- What is EBIT and EBITDA and its significance
- What are the extra ordinary items and how they are viewed while analyzing the Income Statement
- Key terms used in Balance Sheet i.e. Assets, Liabilities and Equity
- Understanding the nature of Assets and their classification in Current and Non-Current assets
- What are intangible assets and how we record them in balance sheet
- Understanding Depreciation & Amortization
- How to classify the Current & Non-current liabilities
- What is included in Equity, Retained Earnings and Reserves?
- Understanding the structure of Cash Flow Statement
- What are different classification of Cash Flows according to the activities
- Cash flow from Operating Activities
- Cash flow from Investing Activities
- Cash flow from Financing Activities
- Establishing the link between cash flow from the above 3 activities and how the business can relate the financing sources with the help of cash flows from different activities
- Case Study: Analyze the company's operating performance using the cash flow analysis
FINANCE STATEMENT ANALYSIS – RATIO ANALYSIS
- What is the objective for Financial Analysis?
- What are different types of financial ratios?
- How to calculate and interpret different types of financial ratios including
- Profitability ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Solvency Ratios
- Investor Ratios
- Are ratios half the picture?
- How to use ratios to analyze a company's financial health
- Case Study: Detailed Financial Ratio Analysis of a large organization
- Cost terminologies, cost sheet and presentation
- Different types of cost and their relevancy in decision making
- Understanding cost structure and cost behavior
- Methods of costing: Absorption Costing, Process costing, Job costing, Marginal costing, ABC Costing etc.
- Case Study: Analysis of Cost Behaviors of a large organization
INTRODUCTION TO BUDGETING
- How financial budgets can play a vital role in managing the business?
- What is the budget cycle?
- Long run budget vs short run budgets
- Different budgeting methodologies including static budget, flexible budget, and zero based budgets etc.
- Case Study: Preparing the annual budget plan for a 5 years old company
INVESTMENT APPRAISAL & PROJECT EVALUATION TECHNIQUES
- Demystifying the Time Value of Money Concept
- Using time value of money concept calculate the discounted cashflows
- How to segregate between relevant and irrelevant cashflows when analysing the new project
- Introduction to various investment appraisal techniques including
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Payback Method
- How to make project decision regarding accepting or rejecting an new project
- Case Study
WORKING CAPITAL MANAGMENT
- What is working capital?
- What is working capital management?
- Trade of b/w liquidity and profitability.
- Approaches of working capital management?
- Inventory management
- Cash management
- Marketable securities management
- Debtors and creditors management
- Case Study
- Greater credibility with customers, distributors, and others who expect an understanding of financial matters to feature in any business negotiation
- A knowledge of the financial data required to make better business decisions
- An ability to read behind the accounts and hold own-self at any finance meeting
- A much clearer understanding of the importance of financial control in the organization
- Finance executives
- Sales and marketing executives
- Administration executives
|Tentative Dates:||2nd December to 06th December 2019|
|Fee:||Rs. 30000 Per Participant (10% discount for group of participants)|
MIAN AHMAD FARHAN, FCA, MBA
An enthusiastic, competent, self-motivated and hardworking Business Graduate and Chartered Accountant holding 25 years of sound professional exposure with proficiency in multiple aspects of business governance, educational leadership, financial advisory, and corporate training.
He is able to use own initiatives and to deliver quality as team leader. He possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills to managing and motivating operational teams, managers, service users, and delivery partners to achieve set objectives.
He is a motivational speaker and has delivered numerous lectures on soft skills and life skills. As a corporate trainer he enjoys expertise in the area of Accounting and Finance. His competencies as a professional trainer are proven nationally and internationally.
ARSHAD BHUTTA, CMA (USA), ACCA (Uk)
An educationist, trainer, mentor and coach. An enthusiastic, competent, self-motivated and hard-working Management Accountant having 11 years of sound professional exposure with proficiency in multiple aspects of Management Accounting, Finance, Financial Accounting, Coaching and Training services. Professional Trainer with International Exposure conducting numerous training’s for professionals of different nationalities; including UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Philippine, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Kenya, Sri Lank, Qatar in the areas: Financial Accounting, Corporate Reporting, Management Accounting, Performance Management, Business Analysis, Financial Management, Corporate Finance and Internal Audit.